System Engineer (Regular/Full-time)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Manager, Information Technology
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The System Engineer role is to provide support on the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the core virtual server infrastructure. This position will also be responsible for the NetApp storage, Microsoft Active Directory domain, Antivirus, system hardening, patch management, system backups, and problem analytics.
• Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
• Maintain inventory and system design documentation.
• Follow pre-defined processes and design standards.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and practices in order to help implement infrastructure solutions that meet or exceed our internal and external customers’ SLAs and expectation.
• Rack and cable servers, network and storage hardware, working collaboratively with vendors, as needed.
• Monitor, document, report, and plan for adequate power, rack space, and cooling needed for proper operation of server and data storage equipment.
Key Technology Proficiencies and Experiences
• Strong experience working with Windows Servers (2008, 2012, 2016 – AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO).
• Strong experience working VMware Hypervisor and VCenter activities (VMWare).
• Highly proficient understanding in enterprise storage concepts (NetApp is a plus).
• Highly proficient experience of enterprise Anti-virus (McAfee EPO + MOVE is a plus).
• Highly proficient understanding of backup and recovery concepts (Veeam).
• Working knowledge of database technologies -backup and availability (MS SQL is a plus).
• Highly proficient understanding in website hosting administration (IIS is required – Apache is a plus).
• Expert in network documentation and diagramming (Visio is a requirement).
• Multiple years of Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and CMDB maintenance (Service Now is a huge plus).
• Experience with cloud computing platform is preferred.
• Experience with ServiceNow and/or IT Service Management tools (Solarwinds is a plus).
• ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT related field preferred.
• 7 – 10 years server infrastructure environment.
• Experience supporting VMware infrastructure
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in ITIL service management organization.
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.