Sales Team Lead (Regular/Full-time)
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Retail Shop Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Sales Team Leader performs selling and operational functions that help to drive sales for the Retail Operations Department at the High Museum Shop. He/she is also responsible with assisting the retail Shop manager with motivating, guiding and supporting the sales team on the selling floor.
• Work hours will vary.
• Assigned shifts which includes opening and closing events, nights, weekends, extended hours, special events and holiday season.
• 38-40 hrs. per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Engage and assist visitors with shop purchases.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of products and services that will help to drive sales.
• Supervise shop daily opening and closing functions and handle change requests.
• Lead in performing accurate sales transactions along with opening and closing functions, using NCR Counterpoint POS System.
• Assist with the supervision of merchandising, restocking, cleaning shops and maintaining organization of storage areas.
• Oversee floor coverage and lunch breaks.
• Be knowledgeable about membership structure to cultivate Not Yet Members into Members
• Be consistent with soliciting Round-Up donations and cultivating new members.
• Assist customers with problems or concerns.
• Maintain a current knowledge about museum permanent collection, exhibitions and public programs.
• Provide excellent customer service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job organization to both external and internal customers in all forms of communication.
• Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all sales associates, staff and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or College Degree.
• Two-year previous retail experience and/ or supervisory training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some knowledge of art history desired.
• Must possess leadership and supervisory skills.
• Bilingual helpful.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess good math skills with the basic ability to compute rates and percentages and balance cash register.
• Good reading, written and verbal language skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stand during 4 – 8 hr. shifts.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 50 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.