Patron Experience Coordinator/Concierge (Regular/Part-time)
Department: Patron Experience
Reports To: Patron Experience Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Part-time
This position will provide on-site assistance for patrons visiting the Woodruff Arts Center and its divisions. They greet guests, welcome them to the facility, answer questions, and provide additional assistance where needed. Additionally, this position will serve as night-of floor support to the Patron Experience Manager during performances and when the campus is active.
• This is a regular/part-time position and the schedule may vary as needed.
• Monday through Sunday. Shifts will be between the hours of 5pm and 12am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance, to include appropriate attire.
• Act as the greeter for the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Provide excellent customer service to all patrons, employees, and others who enter the Memorial Arts Building.
• Provide information regarding events, performances, and activities on the campus.
• Answer telephones.
• Act as a leader, in conjunction with security, in the event of an emergency.
• Maintain current knowledge of the Woodruff Arts Center and the events/performances happening on the campus.
• Explain, interpret and enforce Woodruff Arts Center policies.
• Maintain a log of issues/needs.
• Maintain the lost and found for the building during performances.
• Provide ticketing assistance to patrons in the event that the box office is closed.
• Maintain radio contact with the Patron Experience team regarding any and all issues during performances.
• Contact appropriate staff to deal with issues and needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED required; College degree or degree seeking preferred.
• Two or more years working in a performing arts center or similar venue is preferred.
• Experience as a Concierge and/or equivalent experience in a customer service focused position.
• Familiarity with ADA requirements and patron assistance.
• CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to be professional, courteous and helpful to anyone requesting information about the Woodruff Arts Center and the events, performances, and exhibitions on the campus.
• Ability to be prompt and dependable.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Well organized and able to follow through on details.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to write correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patrons, volunteers, vendors and employees in person.
• Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations where standardization is limited, and an immediate decision is necessary.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.