Membership Associate (Regular/Full-Time)
Reports To: Associate Director of Membership
Employment Status: Regular/Full-Time
The Membership Associate provides support for the High Museum Membership department, focusing on effective processing and reporting to create efficient work flow and customer service. Duties will support membership programs and assist in raising several million dollars in membership revenue annually. This position oversees one individual and works closely with other membership and development staff.
35% Processing, Data Maintenance and Reporting– Oversee membership and donation process ensuring data input is efficient and accurate. Help maintain reporting and list building in Tessitura by running the appropriate queries as needed.
25% Campaign Creation and Implementation– Build campaigns for online fundraising, setting up testing panels and analysis as needed. Ensure that email campaigns are sent as scheduled.
20% Event Support– Assist Development department in planning and executing events including Highball, Wine Auction, and member cultivation programs.
10% Customer Service– Ensure member needs are met and support customer service representative as necessary.
10% Content Creation– Draft emails, donor acknowledgement letters, and articles to support cultivation and solicitations for membership.
• Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with some evenings and weekends required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Review the data entry process and make appropriate changes as necessary, working with the Guest Relations staff, Customer Service Call Center, and Membership Data Entry Clerk.
• Manage processes done by the Membership Data Entry Clerk ensuring that data input is efficient and effective.
• Act as lead of membership team on Tessitura updates and utilization, helping provide appropriate cross training as needed. Create documentation on processed for future use.
• Make recommendations and implementation on possible utilization of Tessitura by staying abreast on best practices and working closely with the Database Manager.
• Manage membership’s Annual Fund, Acquisition, Renewal, Upgrade, and Gift Membership email campaigns in Wordfly. Advise Membership team on test segments in and provide follow-up analysis of any email campaign or test run.
• Help run list and queries in Tessitura to provide accurate reporting on a weekly and as needed basis.
• Assist the Development team in executing member events including preparation and facilitation of events.
• Work with the membership team to help ensure members have an exceptional customer service experience, assisting in answering members questions as needed through multiple channels including email and phone.
• Manage Annual Fund and Member Acknowledgement Fulfillment processes by pulling weekly lists, creating acknowledgement letters, maintain accurate inventory of letterhead and member cards while managing production vendor to ensure materials as issued accurately and efficiently.
• Review and process monthly Pledge Billing reports each month. Solve discrepancies within billing cycle.
• Manage the membership USPS BRP accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• One to three years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Experience in membership or development preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in Tessitura preferred, CRM database experience a must.
• Excellent verbal skills and ability to interpret and communicate data to a number of different audiences.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Filezilla, Wordfly, USPS Meter Solution, Power Point, and Excel preferred.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is essential. Willingness sot staff evening and weekend events upon request.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.