Facility Painter, General Maintenance (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Facility Painter, general Maintenance falls under the supervision of Engineering Manager. The primary focus of this position is maintaining the aesthetic appeal of the facility. Painting in the form of touch up painting, minor drywall repair and related work such as cove base, corner guards and occasional ceiling repair. On occasion a room or walls within a room will be painted. Able to work from electronic work orders and complete work orders within allotted time frame. Assist technical engineering staff with routine preventive maintenance and repairs on occasion when needed. Other duties may arise from day to day that do not directly tie into aesthetic work. Provide after-hours and weekend emergency support for problems arising outside of normal work hours as needed and directed by management.
• Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 4:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Perform inspection, general repairs and maintenance of building surfaces.
• Perform drywall repair and painting as needed or as directed by supervisor.
• Keep assigned work areas clean and clear of clutter. Maintain and insure safe use of assigned tools, test equipment and electronic communication devices.
• Provide contractor escort support as necessary to accomplish major installation, repairs or equipment replacement.
• Provide support for quotes from outside contractors for larger painting and drywall projects as needed.
• Participate in other duties such as lamp replacement, assist with plumbing repairs or routine equipment maintenance.
• May be required to assist clearing snow & ice following inclement winter weather.
• Able to perform basic carpentry tasks such as cutting and fitting plywood for board up of broken glass.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High school or GED required
• Employee must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license and insurance to drive company vehicle, or to use personal vehicle for company business.
• Employee must provide proof of any specialty training, certifications, and or licenses
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.