Event Coordinator of Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE (Regular/Full-time)
Reports to: Senior Director of Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Event Coordinator of Symphony Hall LIVE position is responsible for assisting the Senior Director and Event Manager in all day to day duties and responsibilities to execute future performances to meet / exceed budget goals.
The hours and days of work may vary widely depending on the time needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position; this position requires some night and weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Provide support to the Atlanta Symphony Hall LIVE department including Senior Director, Event Manager and Box Office Manager
• Coordinate events from when contracts are received from artist management agencies all the way through the finalization of the post event financial statements. This includes but not limited to: advancing with tour managers, ordering cash requests, staffing front of house, runners and hospitality assistants, coordinating meet & greets, final settlements with tour managers, processing final settlement payments.
• Coordinate venue and performance budgets for each series
• Coordinate a variety of routine and some non-routine accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures including coding invoices & processing artist payments and deposits
• Works closely with the accounting department to ensure accurate financial reporting
• Assist in the preparation of show advancement which include staffing front and back of house operations, hospitality, and catering
• Assist Event Manager in communicating event details between other Art Center partners
• Serve as venue liaison with artists and tour managers day of show to ensure a successful event
• Assist Event Manager with booking travel and hotel accommodations for guest artist and conductors
• Assist Event Manager in coordinating with Production, Library, and Personnel teams to ensure all event information, riders and budgeting is communicated and gathered to maintain each event’s highest expectation
• Work directly with ASH LIVE department to ensure all information is distributed to produce successful events
• Maintain event files
• Assist in managing service level dressing rooms and artist hallway hospitality
• Coordination of accounting functions in accordance with standard company procedures.
• Ensure client, customer and company policies and standards are met and exceeded.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in office and accounting management
• Previous work experience in entertainment venues required
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications, as well as Ticketmaster and Archtics
Skills and Abilities:
• The ability to function in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services
• Skilled in multi-tasking
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people.
• Ability to work under pressure with a broad spectrum of personalities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 20 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.