Assistant to the Deputy Director (Regular/Full-time)
Department: Operations Administration
Reports To: Deputy Director
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
POSITION SUMMARY: *Pay grade does not support executive level experience.
Provide administrative support for all functions of the Operations office. This position will provide support to the Deputy Director of the High Museum of Art.
• Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
• Must be flexible in terms of work schedule and able to work some evenings as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Administrative Duties:
• Represent the Deputy Director’s office in a professional manner.
• Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration and operation of the office.
• Answer phones, schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, type correspondence and other documents, open mail, and complete expense reports.
• Assist and coordinate special projects:
o Oversee receptions and other events organized by the Operations office.
o Assist the Operations department managers with special projects.
o Produce and /or coordinate PowerPoint presentations.
2. Board of Directors Duties:
• Process, schedule, update and distribute materials for Administration and Board Support Committee and Executive Committee.
• Set up, attend, write, and distribute minutes from meetings.
3. Board Support Responsibilities:
• Compose agendas, transcribe recorded minutes, send meeting notices, provide onsite support for the meetings, track attendees, provide parking validation, and assist with planning receptions in December and May.
• Compile the data for annual Board Orientation packets and the information for the annual Board of Directors Directory.
• There are 8 Executive Committee meetings a year, 4 full Board of Directors meetings a year, and 1 board orientation that will require the Administrative Assistant to be present.
• Coordinate all Board and Committee activities with the Director’s Office.
4. Act as the Liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee:
• Act as the conduit for communications between the Director’s office and the Board. Communications will include meeting reminders, sending press releases, newspaper clippings and museum staff news.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• BA degree and 2 years of relevant experience in supporting a high level manager in a non-profit environment preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with and interact with a broad spectrum of personalities and diverse populations.
• Must possess strong Microsoft, Excel, and Power Point skills.
• Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, catalogues and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to solve problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situation where immediate decisions may be necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.